Guide to Starting an Independent Insurance Agency
By Joseph Totah
President - Strategic Agencies LLC
Things you will need to Plan for Prior to Starting your Insurance Agency:
1. Who should Start an Insurance Agency?
2. What are your Monthly Operating Expenses?
3. Dealing with Non-Compete & Non-Piracy Agreements
4. Getting Beyond Non-Compete Agreements
5. Choosing your Agency Entity Type
6. Getting an Agency License
7. Choosing your Agency Name
8. Announcing your Agency
9. Getting A Website
10. Winning with Social Media Sites
11. Accessing Online Resources
12. Getting Carrier Appointments
13. The Insurance Agency Aggregator Advantage
14. Buying An Agency
15. How to Acquire Books of Business
16. Is Partnering for You?
17. Securing your E&O Insurance
18. Getting an Agency Management System
19. Utilizing Other Technologies
20. Does Specializations & Niches Make Sense?
21. Setting up your Office
22. Planning your Agency Staffing
23. Getting Insurance Education
Our Guide goes over each of these items in detail and starts on the next page.
- Next >>